Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Wow. 


It's actually been almost a month since my last update. Sorry about that! It's just a few things:
1. I am rather lazy when it comes to this most things. 
2. Since I am lazy, I put off updating. The more I put off updating, the more there is to update and the longer the post will have to be. See the snowball effect? 
3. Yeah, again, I think the laziness takes the cake. But so does the fact that I am not used to articulating myself in writing any more so blogging has become a bit difficult, but let's see what I can do. 


Today I actually started picking up cooking books and planning all these lovely, decadent meals I was going to make for myself and my guests. This was very time consuming until I realized that I cannot cook.  I did however, buy a waffle maker! YES :) 


I cannot believe I have not updated about this: I bought a used waffle maker for R40 (approximately $5) and it has actually brought J.O.Y into my life! Last weekend Kelly, Francois, and I hosted a breakfast. It was such a great time and they were both awesome about the fact that I decided to invite about 30 people to this breakfast simply because I had recently acquired a waffle maker. The breakfast was great! We had scrambled eggs, some bacon, a HUGE fruit salad, waffles, pancakes, fried tomatoes and mushrooms, and mimosas (champagne + orange juice). It was beautiful and about 20 people showed up and kept us company for an afternoon! :) I think one of my favoraite parts of the whole breakfast thing though was finding out that Kelly and I share a love for hosting. YES.YES.YES.  


Hmm, what else do you guys want to know about my life? 
1. I tasted some ketchup a few days ago and I was hit with a pang of homesickness! YOO! I cannot believe that it was actually ketchup that did it.  But at the same time, it makes sense. I've decided that outside of the people you left in a different place, it's the small things that you miss the most. So for example: being able to order bacon and not have it come back undercooked, eating ketchup on FRIES, the sounds of streets in B. Heights.  It's the small stuff that sticks with you when you've dealt with all the big things that you miss. 
2. In my ladies club I had the whole STI chat and I showed them photos of infected genitals. FUN! 
3. I also spoke of teenage pregnancy.  The more I speak to these young women the more I am excited about where they are heading. So many of them are genuinely into expressing themselves and forming articulate voices for themselves! It's very, very exciting. 
4. Went swimming in the ocean at 1 am. Ahh, so.lovely.  [Yes, I know, the sharks...] 
5. I am not sure how i will handle not having a thanksgiving this year. Some tells me I'll be okay. 
6. I want to say that I miss the Fall ---- but I don't, not yet.


My eyes are way too tired to cope anymore. 


Love to you all! 


x


Isa 

No comments:

Post a Comment