Monday, 21 November 2011

Because I didn't know that this draft was saved I'll publish it too!

Look Everyone, 


This is me, Blogging. Goodness I knew I'd be bad at this! The fact that I am so terrible at this actually surprises a small part of me because when I was younger all I did was Journal. I mean, honestly, I felt unsettled if I could not journal. Sometimes I'd even Journal multiple times a day with detailed entries which included the date, the time, the location that I was in, etc... and that was just in the "Header" of the Journal entry. Yes, I have changed. 


Which brings me to this: all my life I thought I was intellectually involved. You know, one of those naturally curious individuals who can delve into new ideas and knowledge and genuinely be interested.  Yes, I honestly thought I was this type of person until I realized that I am rather lazy when it comes to my intellect. Sure, I went to college and learned loads,I even enjoyed it and what's more: I was good at it! I'll even let you tell me, "Oo, come on Isabel, but you're going to medical school." And yes, yes I am. And I am pretty sure that I will enjoy medical school and that maybe, just maybe, I'll be good at it (after I adjust to having to wake up on time every morning and read a lot of textbooks, and learn a lot of information again instead of waking up and either making tea, going for a jog on the beach or an attempted surf). But whatever, I guess what I am getting at is this: outside of a structured environment, I do not challenge myself intellectually! I don't even do cross word puzzles! I am actually quite content to sit on the computer and keep clicking through random people's FB photos for 35minutes or to just sit and stare at the wall for 25minutes or do things like rock back in forth on the balls of my feet for like 47minutes without even thinking: "hmm, shouldn't I be doing something else? Ya know, anything else?" 


I mean, I should be speaking French by now with all this free time I have. I should be like an avid swimmer or surfer or a champion for public health, but I am none of those things. 


...
...
...


Urgh. I can't muster the energy to care about these things even now. LOL.I shouldn't blog while tired after stuffing my (sedentary) self with (half-off) sushi! 


Anyways, what's been happening in my life:


1. Kelly, Francois, and I hosted a brunch this weekend! YUM! It was seriously something I came up with because I got a waffle maker (YES! A waffle maker people! LIKE an ACTUAL waffle maker for R40 which is like $6) and wanted to spread the love that I have to waffles to South Africa, think missionary mission trip only replace religion with waffles. Ahh, it was so much funn! Kelli and I got so carried away with cooking obnoxious amounts of food and with arranging dishes and such while Francois patiently stood by and assisted us in our madness. You see, I decided that it would be wise to invited about 30 people over "for waffles!" So I literally had to prepare the waffle batter in a roast pan that people use to roast entire pigs in. Yes. That was what we did! It was awesome. 


2. Ahh. TOO TIRED! 

No comments:

Post a Comment