Monday, 24 October 2011

Hello Everyone, 

Welcome to the Blog that I am not really that into creating. On the surface it seems like a great idea: create a common space that everyone can refer to read about your life since I am on the other side of the world. Who knows? I could probably use it later on in life when I am in medical school in Chicago crying my eyes out over how many nerves there are in the neck and the fact that it's snowing non-stop (or something like that). But I know myself and I am not sure I am going to turn into an ace blogger (that award goes to you mechi). But here we go! 

Welcome! I am going to tell you about my life. Well, mostly, my new found obsession with South Africa, my projects here, and other things like the ocean, mountain honey, and live music venues. My new roommate cat, Coco, who is actually a bit insane but definitely and completely lovable and refreshing. You see, Coco thinks she's a dog and she's actually a cat. It makes for good times --- except when she brings dead animals into my room :-/ 

For those of you that need a bit of catching up - I moved to South Africa. I'll be here until June when I have to go back home to start my medical school education.  I came to South Africa in April and fell in love with the area. Not only is absolutely beautiful, there was also an opportunity for me to come and do some public health work/tutoring in Masiphumelele, a township.  Here's some photos for you:
this is what I see every day :) Yep, it's like a 4minute walk from my apartment in Muizenberg, which is 20minutes outside of a Cape Town. 

This is the main road right outside of my house:

This is Masiphumelele: 
 

here's another one of Masi:

Talk about living in two different worlds at once, huh?

Anyways, there's the little intro! LOL. I am not super great at this, but I will try very hard to update. 


I hope you are all well! 
Thanks for reading! 

xox, 

Isa

3 comments:

  1. :))) Love it those photos are going in my Feng Shui travel corner!! Thanks for the compliment :-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^hahahahah it didn't work lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thanks Mechi and Eddie! We'll see how long this lasts.

    ReplyDelete